Trowse Primary School

Be Safe, Be Happy, Learn!

Pepperpot Drive, Norwich, Norfolk NR14 8TU


Parent Support

The school employs a Parent Support Advisor to help you. If you are struggling with elements of home life, things like routine, homework, bed times, behaviour, food & nutrition, or need support financially for things like accessing benefits or getting uniform, them why not give us a call and ask to speak to Mrs Lacey, our Parent Support Advisor. She will call you back at talk to you about how she can help. 


For targeted support for families with 0-5 year olds, there is also the 'Early Childhood and Family Service'. They have support available to all families as well as being able to work with individual families on individual needs. 

CLICK HERE to visit their website and see how you can benefit!


Following on from this is 'Early Help and Family Support'

If you are experiencing difficulties in your family or are worried about your children, there are people who can offer help and support. Difficulties could be:

  • Mental health problems
  • Domestic abuse at home
  • Drug or alcohol dependency
  • Your child not going to school
  • Struggling as a lone parent
  • Debt problems
  • Housing problems

CLICK HERE to visit the website of this service. 


If you need more general advice from a HEALTH perspective, there is 'Just One Norfolk'. They describe themselves as 'the go to website for Norfolk Families'. It is really user friendly and information is easily accessible.

CLICK HERE for Just One Norfolk.

Sex and Relationships

School has a curriculum to support 'Relationships and Sex Education', written by the Local Authority. This starts in year 1 and goes through to year 6. However, families should always be the foundation of all relationships and sex education. Families should not just think 'school do that'. Education about healthy relationships starts in the home.  It is really important you are comfortable at home to be able to talk about everything and anything (at an age appropriate level) with your child, not only to help promote a healthy relationship within the family, but to make sure your child knows who they can ask (i.e. an adult at home) if they don't want to ask something in school.

The NSPCC have a great website for you as parents and carers- to help you with 4 particular areas. These are:

  • Healthy relationships
  • Gender and identity
  • Sexuality and sexual orientation
  • Sexual behaviour in children

CLICK HERE to see their website.