General Data Protection Regulations & Privacy Notices
We need to hold personal information about your child on our computer system and in paper records to help us with their educational needs. Your Headteacher is responsible for their accuracy and safe-keeping. Please help to keep your child's records up to date by informing us of any change of circumstances.
School staff have access to your child's records to enable them to do their jobs. From time to time information may be shared with others involved in your child's care, if it is necessary. Anyone with access to your child's records is properly trained in confidentiality issues and is governed by a legal duty to keep their details secure, accurate and up to date.
All information about your child is held securely and appropriate safeguards are in place to prevent accidental loss.
In some circumstances we may be required by law to release your child's details to statutory or other official bodies, for example if a court order is presented, or in the case of public educational issues. In other circumstances you may be required to give written consent before information is released as such as the educational reports for insurance, solicitors etc.
To ensure your child's privacy, we will not disclose information over the telephone or fax unless we are sure that we are talking to you as the parent/carer. Information will not be disclosed to family and friends unless we have prior written consent and we do not leave messages with others.
You have a right to see your child's records if you wish. Please ask at the school office if you would like further details. An appointment will be required. There is usually no fee payable.
For the full privacy notices, please see downloadable PDFs below...
Third Party and Supplier List- Data Sharing
We do not share information about pupils or staff with any third party without consent unless the law and our policies allow us to do so.
Where it is legally required, or necessary (and it complies with data protection law) we may share personal information about persons with:
- Public Health England (for the purposes of supporting the Covid 19 'Test and Trace' programme)
- Pupil Asset- the school's management system
- Wonde (data integration tool)
- FFT (Fisher family trust)
- The Key (for school Leaders)
- The pupil's family and representatives
- Educators and examining bodies
- Educator Solutions
- EdenRed (National Free School Meal voucher scheme)
- OSHENS (accident reporting and monitoring)
- IPRS (health cover for staff)
- School Jotter (website provider)
- Microsoft (office 365 accounts)
- Apple (School iPads)
- My Concern (safeguarding software)
- Operation Encompass (Information sharing around domestic incidents in homes)
- GovernorHub (school governors only)
- Parents Evening System
- NFER (reception baseline)
- Espresso (teaching resource)
- Developing Experts (Science Teaching)
- Evolve (educational visits)
- TT Rockstars
- 1Decision (PSHE teaching tool)
- Renaissance Learning (Accelerated Reader programme)
- Our regulator [e.g. Ofsted]
- Norse (catering)
- NELI (Early Language support)
- Seesaw (our home/ school communication tool)
- 4Ward Sports- (After school club)
- Perspective Lite (a secure communication tool between schools and Local authority)
- ICT Solutions (The local authority IT provider)
- LA finance department
- Financial organisations (such as Barclays Bank, HR and Payroll services provided by the LA)
- SMART interactive services (teacher accounts)
- Our auditors
- School photographer
- Survey and research organisations
- Health authorities
- Security organisations
- Health and social welfare organisations
- Professional advisers and/or consultants
- Charities and voluntary organisations (such as FOTS)
- Police forces, courts, tribunals
- Professional bodies
- National Pupil Database