Trowse Primary School

Be Safe, Be Happy, Learn!

Pepperpot Drive, Norwich, Norfolk NR14 8TU



UPDATE: Tuesday 5th January

School is now closed to the majority of pupils. School is open for the children of Keyworkers and vulnerable children. Learning for all continues remotely, 

Who can attend?

Parents whose work is critical to the coronavirus (COVID-19) and EU transition response include those who work in health and social care and in other key sectors. Children with at least one parent or carer who is a critical worker can go to school if required. This includes parents who may be working from home. The Government list of those eligible is found HERE.

However, parents and carers who are critical workers should keep their children at home if they can.

(DfE January 2021 Restricting attendance during the national lockdown: schools)

Timings of the day

For ALL ages, school will start at 9am and finish at 3:15pm.


All places in school must be booked on 'School Cloud' due to strict controls on numbers allowed in a class. 

Wrap around Childcare

We are still running our breakfast club through lockdown. This runs from 8am to 9am. Please book using 'School Cloud'.

4Ward Sports are still running after school too. Please contact 4Ward sports direct to book  a place. 

Home Learning

For information about home learning, please go to the HOME LEARNING page, under the TEACHING AND LEARNING tab.


As was the case before, please do let us know if your child is expected in school, but is ill, or anyone in your household develops symptoms of coronavirus (as your child will need to isolate), if they have a test, and the result of that test. 


UPDATE- Latest Letter to Parents- 3rd January 2021

Dear Parents/Carers,

Firstly, I would like to wish you all a very happy New Year and I hope that you have all had a peaceful Christmas holiday spending time relaxing with your families.

As you know, on 31st December we were placed in Tier 4 and with this brought further restrictions for our county. Being placed in Tier 4 means that there has been a significant increase in the number of reported cases and therefore an increase in the R rate for our area. Over the last 48 hours there has been significant pressure applied to the government from a range of unions to cut the risk of transmission by returning to remote teaching for a period of time. While many Primary Schools in some Tier 4 areas will not be returning to school on Monday 4th, these restrictions have not yet been placed on Norfolk schools. Therefore, we are looking forward to welcoming all children back to school tomorrow- Monday 4th January, and resuming the educational provision that they need.

The new strain of COVID-19 brings increasing concerns and worries for everyone, and there are further restrictions to minimise the spread of COVID-19 under Tier 4 guidelines. However, please be reassured that we will be doing everything we can to minimise risks within our school- as we have been doing since the children returned to school in September. Our Health and Safety risk assessments, and all hygiene procedures will remain in place and we will continue to be as vigilant as we have been, in keeping everyone as safe as we are able to, while still maintain the high standards of teaching and learning that the children deserve.

Many of you will be worrying about certain restrictions placed upon families under the Tier 4 government guidance. Therefore, I thought it would be helpful to provide a brief reminder of the procedures we have in place and those guidelines that may affect our parents/carers with regard to school.

  • Breakfast Club and After School Club will continue, BUT, for the next few weeks we would like to discourage the use of them if you can possibly make other arrangements. Closing these childcare provisions will not help key workers: we want to support you, so will keep them open. However, to keep the number of ‘contacts’ down as far as possible, if you can come up with an alternative plan, please do.
  • Staggered drop off and collection times will remain the same as the autumn term.
  • Requirements for social distancing on school grounds and at drop off and collection times in the car park and around school will be the same and we will be extremely vigilant in ensuring that all adults are adhering to these to keep everyone safe.
  • Rules around face coverings remain the same for all adults when on the school site.
  • There will be no visitors allowed into school under Tier 4 unless part of general school maintenance checks or for pre-arranged meetings that cannot be held virtually.
  • Children will follow the exact the same hygiene procedures coming into school as they have been doing since September – hand sanitiser for all on entry.
  • Parents/Carers should avoid speaking at length to school staff at morning drop off times or collection times to minimise contact and also to minimise the time people are waiting. Please use Seesaw to contact the teacher, or email or phone the school office for other matters. To help us, please continue to use Pupil Asset for dinner ordering and absence reporting.
  • Please minimise the belongings that children bring into school – they do not need large bags with lots of additional items from home brought into school. No items should be brought into school other than those agreed – reading books and records, homework, lunch boxes and water bottles, healthy snacks for breaktime, coats, gloves and hats.
  • In terms of childcare the rules set out by the Government for Tier 4 are as follows:

    There are several ways that parents and carers can continue to access childcare in Tier 4 areas:

    • early years settings and childminders remain open, and you can continue to use these settings as normal
    • you can access other childcare activities (including wraparound care) where reasonably necessary to enable parents to work, seek work, attend education or training, a medical appointment or respite care
    • nannies will be able to continue to provide services, including in the home
    • parents are able to form a childcare bubblewith one other household for the purposes of informal childcare, where the child is 13 or under. A childcare bubble is where one household links with one other household to provide informal childcare to anyone under 14. All adults in both households must agree to this arrangement. ‘Informal’ childcare means it is unpaid and unregistered. Members of either household can provide childcare in a home or public place. This includes overnight care. You can only have one childcare bubble with one other household. This means no household should be part of more than one childcare bubble. You can only use a childcare bubble for childcare. You cannot use a childcare bubble to mix with another household for other reasons. If you form a childcare bubble, it’s best if this is with a household who live locally. This will help prevent the virus spreading from an area where more people are infected.


    While there continue to be uncertainties around the reopening of all schools, I can only follow the guidance I have been given. At the current time, the guidance is that we will be open from Monday 4th January. If there are any changes to this or any further information, I will of course let you know as soon as I am able. If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact us. Or, if you need any help or support please also let me know.

    Once again, thank you for your continuing support and cooperation. I know that if we work cooperatively as the fabulous team that we all are, that we can get through this next challenge together.

    Kind regards,

    Stuart Odell, Headteacher

UPDATE: September 1st 2020

Staggered start and finish

Reception.                    Arrive 8:45. Collect 3:00

Year 1 and Year 2.       Arrive 8:45. Collect 3:10

Years 3-6                      Arrive 8:55. Collect 3:15


Children will have playtimes as a class and not mix with other classes.


We will be having school dinners in the hall but different bubbles (classes) will be sat separately and at different times. The younger children will eat at 12:00, the older children will eat at 12:45.


All classes have their own toilets near their classroom. 'Bubbles' will not use each other's toilets to help minimise any potential for transmission.

 On Site

Please ensure all adults coming on to site wear a face covering.